"It started in the dryer in the storage room and it probably smoldered several hours before it ignited the room. The reason it took a little while was because we were waiting for the video system that was inside A la Carte. We took the processor, or CPU, and sent it to an expert who pulled the information off of it. That allowed us to eliminate one of the points we thought it was," said Cleveland Fire Inspector Greg Jackson.
Jackson praised the Cleveland Volunteer Fire Department for all of its hard work.
He said during the fire the men worked hours upon hours, covered in tar, and battling not only the heat of the fire but also the heat of the Mississippi Delta.
The fire began around 2:30 a.m. and firefighters were still there around 9:30 a.m.
"They did a phenomenal job keeping it out of the building next door. There was a huge fire load that burned quite a while and we were behind the 8 ball when we got there," said Jackson.
Jackson said he was not the only one singing the firefighters' praises but those compliments also came from three other fire investigators and the state fire marshal's office.
"They were all very impressed by what they saw. The firefighters did a tremendous job," said Jackson.